Welcome to Audiera.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the Audiera community.

Ex Audi 5000 owner !

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Xen Foro, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Xen Foro Audiera Analyst

Anyone have an Audi 5000 ?
    I never believed that 60 minutes thing about the 5000.
    Driver error was to blame, IMO !
    :)

Great site BTW.
    I like those Audi TT convertibles ..

I might get it as a mid life crisis car :)
  2. akrion Never Follow

:) people in Europe never had that issue ... go figure :)
  3. Audi_Chick Luxury is in Details

LOL - this was a quarter of the century ago and hopefully now is forgiven and forgotten :)! It may be attributed to the fact that back in the day the gas and break pedals were very close together (you can say that the car was built for the petite women's feet :) ) But wait - the history is bound to repeat itself and now Toyota is going through the similar issues with acceleration kicking in on its own, but with them I believe it is an issue with electronics. I know first hand, because my father had a 2010 Toyota Tundra that would accelerate out of control at random times! Toyota of course is still denying there is anything wrong. I have no idea how they are still in business!

On the bright note - TT convertible is hot, although it looks much better with the top down :). There is something not 100% right about the soft top convertibles in general - why wouldn't Audi come up with the hard top convertible? I would be the first in line to get it :).